While at the girls swim practice today, I was hanging out with Abby. A flock of birds in a V formation flew over us. Abby looked up an said, "look mommy at all those friends!" I asked her what she meant. She said "well they call each other and say, hey do you want to be my friend and fly with me and then they all fly together. That is how I know that they are friend birds." It was really cute. She is growing up too quick and I feel like lately I have been carring her around a bit more and even babing her because I am kinda sad that she is not one anymore and I miss it. She turned 4 last week. She is such a sweet girl. She is just so happy and quick to smile. When she walks she skips. She is just pure and fiesty, and spuky and so very sweet. She loves to go to bed at night and if I do not get her in bed by 8 she will usually just fall asleep on the sofa or on me if I am lucky. She goes to preschool every morning and loves it. My favorite part is picking her up because as soon as I walk through that door and she sees me, she drops everything and leaps into my arms. Oh I just love her so much and could not image life without her. Last week for her birthday I took her to Modesto to meet her cousin Jaydin and take them on a playdate to build-a-bear. As I got to Modesto I crashed my car pretty good and she was so cute. She just kept saying, Mommy don't be sad. I will help you fix it. Everything will be Ok mommy. She is also very sensitive and always checks, Mommy are you happy? And then I always say of course I am. Then she will give me a big hug and kiss. She always gives me as many hugs and kisses as I want. She is very affecitionate. One thing that makes me laugh is her little attitude - stand up for herself - thing she does now. She has learned some of her siblings line... Tylers, don't tell me what to do... Daryn's, I can do it if I want to... and Camie's... I don't know Camies but she knows how to manipulate any situation and Abby is too cute and funny when she throws it right back at them. It kinda makes me sad though. I want her just to stay my sweet little Abby baby forever. I do but I don't want her to grow up. She asked me to take her training wheels off because she is big enough to ride her bike without them. I guess I will tomorrow and we will try it out. She is just so beautiful. I think I am thinking of all these things and enjoying going on and on and on about her because she is asleep and not whining. I love bedtime... I love them going to bed, talking to Ryan about how cust they are because by about 4:00 the next day I am ready for bedtime again. Thank you God for giving us nightime so it gives me time to fall in love with my kids all over again before I wake up for a new day and they ruin it :) Ok I am just rambling now but life is good. I have 4 great kids, jobs, comfy home, huge pool, good health, a car that has been fixed and runs again, the gospel and the most incredible loving and supportive husband that a girl could ask for.
2 comments:
What a cute post Liz! Wish you guys were closer so that her and Laynie could play together more often. I cant believe that they turned 4, time does go by so cute. Miss you guys, hope you are doing ok. love ya Mandy
Liz-
Oh, that sweet little Abby! I am still planning on a betrothal with Mac . . . please don't make any alternate plans. Glad to hear you are all doing well! We were a *little* more in your neck of the woods last week--went to Carlsbad, San Diego, and Anaheim. We'll have to give you a call next time we head that direction, and you do the same!
Love you and your kids,
Liza
Post a Comment