Monday, May 12, 2008

Learning to golf and the day-o-fun!


Well I like golf. Alot... I didn't think that I would ever say that. Ryan has been playing for a couple years now but I never joined him. Over the last few months we have taken the kids to the driving range a few times and he bought me some lefty clubs and I have come to realize how it can be addicting. The rush from a really good hit, the cursing that comes when you hit the ground really hard and your hands vibrate. The breeze, the conversation with friends, getting a workout from walking around while having fun. All that together makes for a fun couple hours out on the green. I practiced a couple times the week before I was playing my first 18 holes. My friend Erika and I decided to have a Wyrick-Evans Day-o-fun so we both got rid of all our kids for a day. Thank you Mom and Katie for helping me out. We met up at the golf course around 11 and played 18 holes. I stopped keeping track of my score because it was depressing but I had a good time. We then went to the grocery store and got ingredients to make some gooding for later. I decided to be brave and try out sushi for the first time. I tasted the California roll because that is supposably the most mild. It tasted OK but I still did not enjoy it. I don't get the whole sushi thing. Oh well, at least I can say I tried it. We then headed back over to the Wyrick's for little tennis and bowling Wii tournament. After that we ate artichoke dip and brownies until we are sick. We decided to call it a night after that. It was a fun day.

No comments: