Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It didn't take me long to miss them.

I left this morning to go up to Yuba City for the next 4 days to run 3 seminars and do all the appointments. This means 3.5 days of no dishes, laundry, cleaning the house, whining kids or cooking meals. It also means long runs in the park, diving into a new novel, shopping and whatever else me activities that I can think of. I was able to think of all those me activities because I have already completed all of them on my first day alone and am excited to repeat the list tomorrow. I am surprised by how much I miss the first list of things I could not wait to get away from and how greatful I am for my everyday life. There is a beautiful man made lake/park in the middle of downtown Marysville that I was doing laps around today and I observed different people. I passed a young mom on a blanket with her baby who was probly around one just talking to her and playing with a toy with her. It reminded me of taking Camie into the backyard or to the park and laying on a blanket with her. Gazing into her enormous, beautiful big blue eyes as she would look around and take everything in. She is turning into such a wonderful big girl. I can not believe that in less than 8 months she will be getting baptized. I thought that all my babies would never grow up but they are all of a sudden and so fast. On Saturday after we bar-b-qued with some friend I was upstairs with Ryan for a while when Camie called for me to come down. She had unloaded the clean dishes, loaded the dirty ones, cleaned off and wiped down the counters and table and had the whole kitchen looking good. I was so proud of her and I could see how much it meant to her to have me keep praising her and telling her how good she was and how much I appreciated her. I need to do that more. i need to remember to praise all of them and tell them how much I appreciate the little things that they do. Daryn has been practicing her drawing alot lately and she is always drawing little pictures and writing me notes expressing how much she loves me. She is almost done with kindergarten and she has learned so much this year. Writing and spelling is starting to really click and she has great penmanship. She is also very quick at her schoolwork and can finish it in no time. She knows how to be a good friend and sister and can be the most wonderful kid. On my jog I saw a boy around 5 fishing with his dad and he had just pulled a fish up and was trying to pull the hook out and was concerned because the fish swallowed the hook. It made me think of Tyler because he loves doing anything that his Dad is doing. Ryan has started doing a workout called P90X and one of the days there is a video that has a ton of pushups and Tyler was right there doing the whole workout. After a while he took off his shirt and flexed his skinny little arms so we could see his big muscles. It was so cute. He can not wait for the day that we take the boat out again. The kids want to learn to wakeboard this summer like Daddy. My little Abby has been so sweet lately. Always walking up randomly and rubbing our backs and giving us kisses. She has a built in cuteness factor and she makes me smile constantly. It is so crazy to think that my baby is 3. I love just scooping her up and carrying her around because I know that soon I will not have a little one. I love my morning cuddles with my kids. Every single one of them loves to crawl into my bed and lay in my arms when they wake up. I hope they always want to cuddle. Would it be weird for a 15 year old to cuddle with their mom? I hope not. I can not imagine not being able to wrap my arms around my kids and hold them. I know that I will walk in the door friday evening and within 15 minutes, wish I was on my way out again and reality will set in but it I really do love this feeling of being away and being able to think about my little ones and have my heart so full of love for my kids. I thank God every day that they were sent to me. I love you too Ryan... I don't want to leave my everything out. Thanks for creating such a wonderful life with me. I can not wait to grow old with you. :)

3 comments:

galbraith's said...

liz, your such a wonderful mother, i bet they missed you like crazy!

Pacefamily said...

We love your cute family, and I love reading up on stuff on your blog. Even though I see you guys everyday, I love reading this side of your family's life!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

OMG your kids have the best mom! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to come see me any time! We should all get together again some time too. Ever hear any thing about Debra? Miss you guys.