Friday, July 4, 2008

Forth of July --- Evening!

We had a party later on in the front yard. Todd engineerd a really cool "bike wash." I have no idea how he came up with it but the kids thought it was the coolest thing. It was a bunch of PVC pipe and sponges but it was a masterpiece.

I had bought a slip and slide and water limbo that we had out. I do not think that most of the little ones had ever played limbo, but they got the hang of it pretty quickly. The kids had fun playing in all the water toys and with their friends.

Luckily that kept them all distracted so I could visit with all my friends and see my new little neiece Isabella May (Ben & Holly's 1st). She was born just 5 days before! She is so absolutely perfect and tiny and beautiful!


Our good friends the Staceys (and his family), Paces (and their friends), Bunneys' and Ben & Holly joined us.


Dinner was great and everyone brought such good sidedishes and desserts. I definantly ate way too much. But it was so much fun just snacking and talking... and snacking and laughing. Just the way a 4th of July bar-b-que should be.


Then it was time for fireworks. The kids all enjoyed the sparklers galore. It seemed we had an endless supply and the kids did those for a long time. Then Todd put on a fireworks show. All the kids sat in the chairs and watched in amazement as he lit off one fountain after another. We also got to watch some of the neighbors do theirs.


I put on some patriotical music during the fireworks show but I know that my kids do not really get why we celebrate the day and I feel bad for that. When I listen to patriotical music I love the goosebumps and pride I feel in my chest. I am very proud to be an America and live in America. I am so grateful and feel so much respect towards all those who have sacrified their lives or have had to live with the effects of war. Thank you for alowing my and my family to be free and for all the sacrifices so many have made for that freedom. I am going to try harder to put that price and respect in my kids hearts, just like my Dad put in mine.

No comments: