Monday, October 6, 2008

The fun part about the move... San Diego!

My incredible Mom and sister Katie (with Addie) were supportive and kind enough to make the journey down to Arizona with me. After Addies birthday party party friday evening we took off aroung 9:30. Katie thankfully drove the whole time. She wanted foot room and that was the only way she was going to get it in the packed car. We had fun getting a little loopy together while my Mom watched on and shook her head. :) Love you Mom. We always have a good time together. That is what I love so much about her. One of our favorite things to do is wander around Wal-mart at midnight. Don't ask me why or how.. because I would not be able to explain it and you would not understand it... but we somehow have the most fun when there is no reason to be having a good time. I love you Katie... ok that was a side not. Well we got into San Diego around 3:00am without much trouble. Addie and all the kids were perfect but I was a bad Mom and about an hour outside of LA I help Abby so she would be quiet and it worked. When we got in the kids were so excited to see Aunt Becky. Her poor roomates were subjected to a circus. The great Aunt Becky had little baggies of gifts for all the kids and plenty of loves to go around. The next day Becky made a yummy breakfast and then we went to the airshow which the kids loved except for all the walking. Then a good lunch at our favorite, The Cheesecake Factory.
Lastly was the kids favorite, no matter how cold it is outside... the beach. Even Addie suprisingly was in heaven.The girls immediately ran and jumped into the waves. They were out there freezing but loving every minute of it for probly half an hour. Ty and Abby were a bit more cautious but loved playing in the sand and looking for crabs. I love the beach and I am glad that they got that too. Addie was sleeping when we got there but as soon as she saw the water and we let her feet touch the sand she was all giggles. It was as if she had been waiting her whole 1 year of life for the moment. It was so cute to see her so excited. Sunday morning we made some good monkey bread and then had a very failed attempt to watch conference so we decided to take off around 10:30 and complete the last 5 hour leg of our journey to Arizona. The kids did great and the drive went quickly thanks to our fabulous choffour Katie again. Mom and Katie stayed until Wednesday and we got to know the neighborhood and all the shopping that was around. It was so nice having them here and having all their love and support behind me. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

belofam said...

We do have the best times together (especially when we are a little loopy). I miss you a ton and can't wait to see you Nov. 1 at 10:30. Addie will be super excited to see you too! Thanks for being a great big sister and example to me! I love you!