Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trunk or Treat - The start of Halloween Week


I have to admit, I was a little generic with costumes this year. Camie was a rock star... which she was last year but heck no one in Arizona knows that and Camie didn't care because she still liked the costume. Daryn was a beautiful ballerina. She decided this today when we were at the fabric store and saw a fabric she wanted her trick-or-treat bag to be. We had the tutu and leotard already. Tyler was Spiderman. I got him this costume a while ago and one leg has already deflated in the wash but he pulled it off. My little Abby was a princess, or course. She found some fun tights in the drawer and wore a dressup that has been around for a couple years. I did get her a new crown though from the $1.00 section at Target. Descibing their great costumes makes me feel a little ghetto but heck they didn't mind and it didn't pinch my thinning pocketbook. This morning we decided to go explore an outdoor/shopping/restaurant area about 5 minutes from our house. There was a Joann's there so i decided to be a crafty Mom and make them trick-or-treat bags. They all picked out cute fabrics by themselves that matched their costumes. They had so much fun watching and helping me make them. The trunk or treat was fun. They had some games set up, great chili and hot dogs and cars decked out. I saw the most original costume, Ken & Barbie.
After an hour we left though. People have been great to us here in Arizona. I have had some playdates, the kids have alreay been to 3 birthdays parties and I am starting to recoginze alot of faces and am learning alot of peoples name but it still isn't quite like Riverbank. I know it will take more time but I am excited for that time when I can walk into a ward thing and know everyone and be able to ask them questions about how they are doing and stuff. I am excited about meeting more people better because everyone is so kind. I am also excited about going back to Cali in a week and seeing all my friends and family there. Miss you guys. When we got home the kids dumped out all the goods, just took a shower, I am going to let them watch a little movie and then off to sweet dreams.

3 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Yeah! You all look so cute, and even better, for cheap!! Looks like you had a great time. Glad you like your ward and new life!

Pacefamily said...

OMGoodness! Could your kids get any more photogenic?? They are beautiful!! We can't wait to see you next week!

Holly said...

You guys look great! I"m glad you are making new friends and liking it there. Our ward party was cool and I will post some pics later. Look forward to seeing you this weekend! We miss you! xoxoxo