Friday, December 21, 2007

Jumped on the Sierra Railroal Christmas Train

Out in Oakdale the Sierra Railroad puts on a Christmas train for the kids through the month of December. There are 4 railcars that they fill up and then the train moves at about 5 mph for 1.5 hours while the kids have fun. They have unlimited hot chocolate and cookies which the kids loved. They also had an elf that read stories, Santa came and visited, and a man with a guitar came and sang Christmas songs with us. By the end of the ride I was ready to get off but the kids all had a really good time. Matt was able to score $10 ticket (regular price is $31) The kids wore comfy clothes and had fun experiencing a real train. Unfortuantly Tyler was naughty for the babysitter earlier in the day so he got his train privilige taken away. I don't understand why I am the one who gets sad when I have to follow through with a punishment. Ryan and I did crack up when we told him that he would not be able to go on the train anymore because he was not obidient, he simply said, I didn't want to go on that train anyways. The exact same responce Ryan would have given his mom 25 years ago. Those two are two peas in a pod. They talk alike, dress alike, look alike, walk alike and even fart alike. I love my boys so much.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

You two seriously ROCK as parents. That is the coolest thing I have heard in a long time. I love it that you left your little guy home. I wish i could say I would do the same thing. :) Maybe that is why my children are CRAZY!