Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Day at the Kroutil's House



After our short Christmas morning we headed over to my parents house where the kids were totally spoiled. We had a great lunch or Chicken Cressants, then opened a ton of gifts. The best gift we all agreed was from our Grandpa Kroutil. He made prints from around 50 old slides of my Dad growing up and other things. He then wrote a desciption of each and the dates on the back of all of them. He did this for all of us kids (5 copies). I know that this must have taken a ton of time but I want him to know how much we all loved and cherished that gift. Another great gift was from my Auntie Jean. She compiled a book on my Great Grandmother that had a bunch of pictures and a overview of her life. Thanks mom for making copies for all of us. The older I get these sorts of gifts mean so much. I love learning about where I came from and what it was like for my parents and what their life was life. I hope to be able to learn from my Auntie Jean or Aunt Glenda some day about all the cool geneology stuff they do. My Mom also gave us all thoughtful gifts as always and the kids loved everything from their grandparents and aunts and uncles. By the end of the nice day I was so ready to just go home and rest. Too much parting for me. I love Christmas every year and can not wait for it to come but by the end of it, I am ready for it to go. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas this year.

No comments: